Point of Contact:
- Samantha Blake; WiLL Program Manager
- Contact Information: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com; (202) 459-4769
Location: Washington, D.C.
WAND builds women’s political power to advocate for security and peace with justice. We believe that women are central to shifting the militarized, patriarchal culture that pervades our society and leads to endless war and violence. WAND works to promote diplomacy and demilitarize U.S. foreign policy, elevate women’s voices in national security, and educate and engage women legislators and Members of Congress on peace and security issues.
In order to achieve a safer and more secure world, our focus includes, but is not limited to (1) eliminating the threat of nuclear war; (2) ensuring women’s voices are integrated in peacebuilding agendas; and (3) advocating for a federal budget that promotes diplomacy and rejects defense spending that comes at the expense of everyday Americans.
WAND’s main program is the Women Legislators’ Lobby (WiLL), a national nonpartisan network of women state legislators who work together to influence federal policy and budget priorities. WiLL educates women state legislators through trainings, webinars, and conferences to become leaders in their community on the defense budget and nuclear disarmament. Through the collaborative effort between WAND and WiLL, WAND looks to eliminate the threat of nuclear war by utilizing grassroots and grasstops advocates.
Opportunities for Collaboration
- Connect frontline communities with women state legislators to work together to elevate issues related to nuclear weapons. For example, working together on resolutions or a joint op-ed.
- Help draft and disseminate petitions, vote recommendations, or media on local issues to gain publicity and support on the national stage.
- Provide a platform to speak and share their story at regional and national events with legislators.