Point of Contact:
- John Pope; Media Associate
- Contact Information: firstname.lastname@example.org; (717) 386-9270
Location: Washington, D.C., Berkeley, CA
ReThink Media is a non-profit organization focused on building the communications capacity of nonprofits, experts, and advocacy groups working toward a more constructive US foreign and national security policy, the protection of human and civil rights, and strengthening our democracy. In the nuclear weapons space ReThink has a long history of working with the community to build media skills and increase positive coverage. This work can come through training or direct assistance on various stories or projects. ReThink also provides a variety of resources from webinars, a daily news roundup, and polling data.
Opportunities for Collaboration
- Assistance with pitching stories to local and national reporters – We’ll help put groups in touch with journalists to increase news coverage of their work, like this and this.
- Connecting reporters to sources – Working in the other direction, we will help journalists find the right source for a story. Sign up to be one of our sources here.
- Help with drafting and placing op-eds and/or letters to the editor – For example, we worked with Tri-Valley Cares on this piece in The Hill.
- Strategic communications planning – Recently we helped Washington PSR create a media plan for their event that resulted in stories like this one.
- Trainings on media skills and outreach – We periodically offer webinars on things like how to build relationships with reporters, writing and pitching an op-ed, messaging insights from polling data, and more.
- Highlighting media placements – Our news roundup is read by many members of the nuclear arms control community and open for sign-ups. We do our best to find all of the news articles related to nuclear weapons issues each day but welcome you to share coverage from news outlets that you’d like the rest of the community to see.